Summer Backyard Recipes With Your Authentic Pizza Oven
Summer is finally upon us, and with it comes the fun activities we look forward to all year long. Swimming, camping, and of course, barbeques are summer staples and help make the season unforgettable.
This year, why not mix up your weekend barbeque by adding an Authentic Pizza Oven to the mix. Pizza ovens create the most delicious, crisp, and flavorful pizzas you've ever tasted, guaranteed to delight your friends and family.
Whether you're a simplistic cheese-only lover or opt for more decadent toppings, a wood-fired pizza oven is the perfect addition to your summer cooking routine. But did you know that pizza ovens can cook more than just pizza? That's right; there are tons of other delicious recipes you can make in these versatile backyard super-cookers!
We've compiled a list of some of the best summer backyard recipes you can use with your authentic pizza oven. So, what are you waiting for? Let's get cooking!
This recipe for wood-fired basil shrimp will make you wonder how you've ever eaten this delectable seafood any other way!
- 1 pound fresh jumbo shrimp
- 5 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 oz softened salted butter
- 1 cup (appx.) fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 large lemon quartered, optional
- fresh cut parsley for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp with garlic powder, pepper, and salt, and coat well.
- Using a food processor, blend the basil and butter, combining well.
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet inside your pizza oven until searing hot.
- Once hot, remove and add olive oil to coat, then shrimp into the skillet and put back into the oven.
- Cook for three minutes or until the shrimp turns pink, stirring once.
- Remove from heat and add three large Tbsp of butter, coating the shrimp thoroughly.
- Garnish with lemon juice and parsley, and serve.
Buffalo Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds of chicken wings
- Olive oil
- Buffalo sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- 8 fl oz of your preferred hot sauce
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- Preheat your pizza oven to around 480 degrees, with a stone baking board inside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, coating well, reserving the olive oil for later.
- Remove the baking board and place coated chicken in a single layer and cook for 20 minutes or until charred.
- Flip the wings and pour over the remaining sauce.
- Return the board to the oven for 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove and serve.
Bulletproof Pizza Dough
Use this dough as a base for all your wood-fired pizzas. It’s delicious and bakes up wonderfully crips and light.
- 7 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of salt
- 2 1/2 cups of warm water (appx. 110°F)
- 1 Tablespoon of active dry yeast (appx. 2 x 7g packets)
- 4 Tablespoons of olive oil
- In a large bowl, sift flour and salt together, then set aside. In a small bowl, pour water, olive oil, and yeast, stirring gently to combine. Let sit for 5 min.
- Add the water mixture, and gently mix until combined.
- On a flat, floured surface, turn the dough over and knead until elastic, about 3 to 5 min. Be careful not to overwork your dough.
- Let rise in an oiled bowl for 30 min to 1 hour or until it doubles in size.
- Once doubled, punch down the center and form into 6 to 8 balls.
World's Best Pizza
This pizza recipe is a base for every type of pizza you could imagine. Use your favorite toppings to create a custom pie that is as unique as you!
- Preheat your pizza oven to 550 degrees.
- Using one ball of your Bulletproof Pizza Dough at a time, stretch until around a 14-inch diameter.
- Place Your dough on your floured peel and give it a quick shake to make sure it releases.
- Place your desired toppings on top, starting with your sauce.
- Place the pizza directly on the stone inside your pizza oven and bake for 4 to 6 minutes or until the crust s browning.
- Remove by sliding the peel under the pizza.
- Cut and serve.
Yes, you read that right; you can even cook desserts in your pizza oven. We told you it was a backyard super-cooker!
- 1⁄4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup of vegetable oil
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup of sugar
- 1⁄2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon of espresso powder or finely ground coffee, optional
- Preheat the pizza oven to 450-550 degrees
- Coat a cast-iron skillet with butter and put aside.
- In a medium heat-safe mixing bowl, combine oil, butter, and chocolate and place over a pot of simmering water to melt. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Add your sugars to the mixture and beat to combine. Slowly add the eggs and vanilla. Mix.
- Now add the salt, flour, and espresso/coffee powder and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the coated skillet until half full.
- Bake in the pizza oven for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 4 Ripened bananas
- 64 grams of chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the pizza oven to about 400 degrees
- Make a slit along the center of the bananas, being careful not to cut through to the other side.
- Place the chocolate chips inside the slit
- Wrap each banana in foin and seal
- Cook for about 25 min or until the skins turn black.
- Serve topped with vanilla ice cream.
There is nothing better than a meal cooked in a pizza oven, and for the largest selection of high-quality ovens, turn to Authentic Pizza Ovens. Authentic Pizza Ovens are the most authentic pizza ovens in the world, crafted from the highest quality natural ingredients and made to last a lifetime. Don't waste your money on poor quality alternatives; choose Authentic Pizza Ovens and see the difference we make!
- Customer Support