Fun Wood Fired Oven Halloween Recipes
Many people head out trick-or-treating with their friends and family on Halloween. However, Halloween can also be made memorable at home in a variety of ways, so no worries if going out isn't your thing.
Alternately, if you're staying home to cater for your neighborhood trick-or-treaters, why not whip up a few spooky Halloween recipes in your wood fired pizza oven?
Your favorite Halloween treat would be perfect to cook in an outdoor pizza oven. You can make so much more than pizza in a pizza oven, so here are some recipes for you to try!
PLUS gathering outside in October with family and friends with the beautiful fire going is magical…maybe even spooky!
Spooky Halloween Pizza
This recipe is for those who want to take their cooking to the next level by making the dough from scratch and adding activated charcoal. Grab some pre-made dough from your local pizza shop and make this pizza on regular dough if you need to save some time!
We highly recommend making the dough from scratch though, the activated charcoal gives it that extra spooky feel.
Here are the things you'll need:
- 2 large bowls
- Whisk for cooking
- Infrared Thermometer
- Pizza Peel
- Heat Resistant Gloves
- Serving Dish
- Wood Fired Oven
- Black dough
- 3 cups of flour plus 2 tablespoons of pizza flour
- 1/3 cup activated coconut charcoal
- 1/8 cup fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 1/3 cups of cold water
- Choice of Toppings
- Sauce Pizza
- 8-10 slices of mozzarella cheese
- Pitted olives
- Mix the charcoal and flour together in a large bowl. Mix the yeast into the water in the second large bowl.
- To form a rough dough, mix the yeast mix with the flour mix. Leave the large bowl covered for 20 minutes to rest.
- Add salt to the dough and proceed to knead it into a smooth and stretchy dough. Afterward, cover the dough and let it ferment for 16 hours at room temperature.
- Once the dough has fermented, form it into a ball and let it proof for another four hours at room temperature. You can also put it in the fridge for 24 hours, but you must let it sit out for 2 hours afterward at room temperature.
- Once your pizza has been stretched to your desired thickness, it's time for the fun part... toppings! Make ghost shapes out of your mozzarella cheese slices. Slice olives in half and slice each half into eight slices.
- Once your toppings are ready, pour the desired amount of "blood sauce" (pasta sauce) onto your pizza. Put the ghost slices on your pizza and use the olives as the ghost's eyes.
- Use the remainder of the olives as the legs and the halved olives as the body for the spider.
- Prepare your Wood Fired Oven by heating it to approximately 800 degrees Fahrenheit. .
- Using your Authentic Pizza Oven, slide the pizza onto your pizza peel and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway as needed.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
For the trick or treaters: Spooky Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Half a teaspoon of nutmeg
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 290 grams of sugar
- 115 grams of soft butter
- 225 grams tinned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 310 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking flour
- Chocolate for decorating
- Fire up your wood-fired oven to the right temperature. Allow your oven to cool to 180° before baking.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, then put to one side. Mix butter, sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in a fresh bowl. Stir in the pumpkin and dry ingredients until a dough forms.
- Make 30 balls of sticky dough and place them on a lined high heat tray. Form flat ovals by smoothing the dough. Bake for 10-15 minutes and leave to cool.
Decorating your Pumpkin Cookies:
- Make pumpkin faces with your cooled cookies. Remove the cutouts and brush away any crumbs. At the top of each cookie, cut out a small triangular wedge to make your pumpkin stem.
- Melt the chocolate, dark chocolate compliments pumpkin flavors well. On a piece of baking paper, spread chocolate ovals roughly the same size as the cookies. Place a cookie on top of each oval and let it dry. Add a small dollop to the stem triangle using a teaspoon. When the cookies are dry, remove them from the baking paper carefully.
- You can make the cookies look pumpkin-like by scoring vertical lines on them. Now you have some spooky cookies on your hands!
Halloween and your Wood-Fired Pizza Oven
Whether out for trick-or-treating, or just staying at home with the family, your Halloween celebration can be made special by coming together in the backyard to whip up a festive meal for friends and family. We highly recommend donning your outdoor space with some crafty, Halloween decorations to complete the memories you will make with your Authentic Pizza Oven.
- Autumn And The Cooking In The Pizza Oven Is Delicious!
- Cooking Pizza in A Wood Fire Pizza Oven
- Summer Backyard Recipes With Your Authentic Pizza Oven
For orders and inquiries, contact us:
We ship daily out of *Houston, USA *Toronto, Canada *Sydney, Australia
- Authentic Pizza Ovens