Spotlight of the Month: Pam Wiselogel
Over the decades, Authentic Pizza Ovens have become prevalent for connecting time-honored wood-fired cooking and bonding families together throughout the world.
Beautifully handmade and crafted by some of the finest artisans in Portugal, their admirable quality and authentic nature are paramount in embracing the simplicity of older times with new traditions.
Our ovens create an enchanting atmosphere for family entertainment and have become an essential pleasure for backyard patios in homes everywhere.
From the versatility of the delightful dishes you can create to doubling as a firepit feature, our ovens are a sure way to enhance your style of living.
We are really excited to introduce Pam Wiselogel of @patioandpizza, one of our favorite people, who shares her passion for outdoor living with people from all around, introducing them to the many ways they can relish life in the comfort of their own backyard.
Read more from our interview with Pam and how her Maximus Prime Large Portable Pizza Oven is the centerpiece of her own patio space.
Where are you from and a little background information about you?
My name is Pam Wiselogel and I live in Jacksonville, FL with my wife and lots of farm animals including horses, dogs, and cats. I am also the owner of Patio & Pizza Outdoor Furnishings, an online store specializing in pizza ovens and other outdoor furnishings.
I enjoy helping people create their dream outdoor oasis so as you can imagine, naturally, one of my favorite things to do is spend time with my friends and family in my own backyard. I've been wood-fired cooking for a little over 6 years in my Maximus Prime oven which has become the centerpiece of our patio.
Our family begs us to fire it up every time they visit, though they don't have to beg hard because it is one of our favorite things to do. We especially enjoy it because all our nieces and nephews love making dough and tending to the fire, so we can sit back and have meals cooked for us!
I also enjoy hosting cooking classes with a local Italian chef who teaches how to make authentic dough and pizzas in our pizza oven. It's always fun to meet new people while introducing them to the patio chef life!
When I'm not embracing my own backyard lifestyle, we enjoy traveling as much as possible. Being the food connoisseur I am, I love exploring different cultures and trying new tasty recipes. My employees laugh because I always seem to find a wood-burning oven everywhere I go.
Which oven did you choose and why did you choose an Authentic Pizza Oven?
As the owner of a niche pizza oven store, I have a vast selection of pizza ovens I can choose from. However, I personally use the Maximus Prime Large Portable Pizza Oven.
I prefer wood-fired cooking and I love that it has a larger internal cooking space than other ovens do, so I am able to easily fit 4-5 cast iron skillets in it at one time making the variety of meals we cook endless.
Did you build your setup or have someone else do it?
I knew that our Maximus Prime oven would be the highlight of our patio so I went ahead and got it while we were still building our patio.
We initially set it on concrete blocks because we couldn't wait to start cooking in it. We built a nicer base that the oven now sits on permanently under our patio.
We had the contractor cut a hole through the roof and we added the chimney extensions and cap ourselves.
What is your favorite thing to cook in your oven, and have you tried any recipes besides pizza?
We cook so many things besides pizza. Our favorite thing to cook is fajitas so we have a fajita night. We cook chicken, beef, and shrimp along with all the vegetables in our oven and, of course, we always end with our wood-fired peach cobbler with a spoonful of ice cream.
Pam's Patio Oven Recipes
1 cup self-rising flour
1 1/2 cups sugar, divided
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 cup milk
4 cups sliced peaches
1. Heat your wood-fired oven to approximately 375 degrees (We usually just use the oven after cooking a meal while the temperature is going down).
2. Melt butter in your cast iron skillet.
3. Stir flour and 1 cup of sugar together.
4. Add milk and mix well.
5. Pour into the butter. I use a fork to blend the mixture into the butter.
6. Add peaches that have been tossed with the remaining 1/2 cup sugar; do not stir.
7.Put in your oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Don't forget to turn it periodically so each side is done evenly. But, it's really hard to mess up this recipe so give it a whirl.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms and Peppers
16 ounces of button mushrooms
4 ounces of cream cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat your wood-fired oven to approximately 350 degrees (we usually just use the oven after cooking a meal while the temperature is going down).
2. Prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and gills from each mushroom. Place the mushrooms in a greased cast iron skillet.
3. Prepare the pepper by removing the center and seeds from each pepper. Place the peppers in a greased cast iron skillet.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper until combined.
5. Stuff each mushroom and pepper with a generous spoonful of cream cheese mixture.
6. Put in your oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and lightly golden brown. Don't forget to turn it periodically so each side is done evenly.
7. Serve warm and enjoy!
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING FEATURED AS CUSTOMER OF THE MONTH - please email Amber@authenticpizzaovens.com
- Simple Ways to Care for Your Outdoor Wood Fired Pizza Oven
- How to Properly Cure Your Brick Pizza Oven
- Summer Backyard Recipes With Your Authentic Pizza Oven
We ship daily out of *Houston, USA *Toronto, Canada *Sydney, Australia
- Authentic Pizza Ovens