Customer of the Month: Hugo Cuellar
As the New Year unfolds, it beckons a celebration marked by cherished moments with family and friends—a time for reflection on the past and an embrace of the promises held by new beginnings and opportunities.
At Authentic Pizza Ovens, we recognize the significance of our ovens in elevating the lives of individuals globally, particularly in an era defined by a rapid pace of living.
Our wood-fired ovens offer a distinctive culinary experience, fostering connections through the timeless tradition of cooking. This age-old practice not only revives recipes passed down through generations but also gives birth to modern family culinary creations.
In an ever-changing world, our ovens serve as more than just cooking appliances; they are the heart of gatherings, weaving together the threads of tradition and innovation.
As we stand on the threshold of a new year, we remain committed to providing a unique and enriching experience that goes beyond the kitchen.
Authentic Pizza Ovens invites you to savor the warmth and authenticity our ovens bring to your homes, creating moments that linger in the heart and stories that endure through time.
May the New Year be a canvas for creating memories, sharing laughter, and indulging in the joy of crafting culinary legacies.
Here's to a year filled with the aroma of delicious creations and the warmth of shared traditions.
Meet Hugo Cuellar of Shreveport, Louisiana, and read about how he enjoys cooking in his Ventura Preto Premium Pizza oven.
Where are you from and a little background information on you?
My name is Hugo Cuellar and I am from Shreveport, Louisiana, and I am married with three beautiful kids.
Shreveport is a boasting area that offers a unique blend of history and modernity, rich musical heritage, and a diverse culinary scene.
As you can imagine, living in an area that encompasses the Cajun Creole the south is well-known for and the succulent Texan barbeque next door, it is no wonder that I love to cook.
My wife and I share a passion for cooking, and I especially love to experiment with different types of cuisine.
We each have our favorite meals- I prefer Italian cuisine and baking fresh bread, and she is great at cooking delicious Mexican dishes, pastries, and desserts.
Which oven did you choose and why did you choose an Authentic Pizza Oven?
We chose the Ventura Preto Premium Pizza Oven mainly for its versatility. I enjoy cooking pizza and freshly baked bread, but I love the endless options of cooking different types of meat dishes like poultry and lamb, and any kind of rotisserie meat and veggies being the oven is rotisserie capable.
The rotisserie aspect is very easy to use as well and no assembly is required. All you have to do is slide the spit into the hole that is designed in the back inside of the dome of the oven and let it rest on the bottom part of the door while cooking!
We also love how the oven compliments our patio with its beautiful hues of charcoal grey, black, and brown tones. Also, it doubles as a firepit feature.
It is always a great time sitting around the ambiance of the fire and sipping on wine, especially when entertaining guests!
Did you build a setup or have someone else do it?
We designed the setup but had someone else build it for us.
The base for the oven is made of a light shade of stone and is designed in a horseshoe-like shape which is handy for storing firewood directly beneath the oven, and the oven itself rests on a beautiful granite countertop space.
What is your favorite thing to cook in your oven? And have you tried other foods besides pizza?
So far, our favorite thing to cook is pizza and bread. I have tried my hand at poultry and I even cooked our entire Thanksgiving turkey in the oven, which turned out delicious!
We are looking forward to trying Cochon de Lait next, and can't wait to try many more new recipes!
Salt and Pepper
Stuffing (If desired)
1. Heat your woodfired pizza oven to approximately 350 degrees Fahrenheit/ 175 degrees Celsius.
2. Prepare your turkey. Rinse it and pat it dry with paper towels to remove the excess water.
3. Rub the turkey inside and out with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. (You can also use butter and any other seasonings you'd like).
4. Add stuffing inside your turkey if desired. Infuse with Rosemary, thyme, and sage with lemon, onions, garlic cloves... The combination will add a delicious fragrance to the turkey!
5. Once your turkey is seasoned and you've added your stuffing, truss the turkey with cooking twine to ensure even heat distribution and so that your turkey holds its shape.
6. Place your turkey in a roasting pan and place it into your woodfired oven.
7. Cooking times depend on the size of the turkey so cook accordingly until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit/ 75 degrees Celsius at the thickest part of the meat.
* Be sure to baste your turkey with the juices in the roasting pan periodically for juicier meat.*
8. Once it has reached temperature, remove it from the oven and allow it to rest.
Serve with fixings and ENJOY!
Woodfired Margherita Pizza
Your favorite dough recipe (Store-bought dough is fine too!)
Fresh Crushed tomatoes
Fresh Cubed Mozzarella
Freshly Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Freshly Chopped Basil
1. Heat your wood-fired pizza oven to 260 degrees Celsius/ 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Create your pizza dough and stretch it out thin to your desired size.
3. Spread your pizza sauce over your dough and place the pizza in the oven and par-bake until the crust is a nice golden brown color.
4. Remove your pizza and place your fresh mozzarella on top and sprinkle it with fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, then place it back in your oven until the cheese has melted and is bubbling.
5. Top with fresh basil then slice it and serve.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING FEATURED AS CUSTOMER OF THE MONTH - please email Amber@authenticpizzaovens.com
- Authentic Pizza Ovens