Wood Fired Oven Banana's Foster
4 Tbsp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. ginger, ground
1 tsp. salt
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne
3 large bananas, peeled, cut into 1-in. pieces
1⁄3 cup dark rum, pour into a heat resistant container
1 pint vanilla bean ice cream
1. Oven Temperature: 580 -620 degrees Fahrenheit
2. To a large non-stick skillet add the butter, sugar and spices.
3. Turn Flame Height: 4.4
4. Place in front of flame for 2 minutes or until it starts to bubble.
1. Add the bananas, stir, and return to oven in front of flame for another minute or 2 until everything is bubbling rapidly.
2. Carefully add the rum, place the pan again in front of flame, and watch it catch fire!
3. If the bananas get too dark before the flame goes out, remove the pan frmo the oven and put a lid on it.
4. Serve the bananas in shallow bowls topped with ice cream.
- authenticpizzaovens Admin