Customer of the Month: Chris Dickerson
One of the best ways to spend quality time and build everlasting memories with your family can be in your own backyard.
Meet our Customer of the Month for March, Chris Dickerson, who owns one of our best sellers the Rustic Lisboa Premium Oven.
He has built a beautiful set up using matching brick for the base and the useful space under the oven to store his wood. He has purposefully left counter space on both sides which is ideal for preparing foods or your pizza making station. Great job Chris!
Can you tell us about yourself?
My name is Chris Dickerson and I'm a professional chef and restaurateur. I completed three years Chef's Apprenticeship Program at The Cloister Hotel on Sea Island in Georgia.
I've cooked in several 5-star hotels, and now I'm the proud owner of Corner Taco in Jacksonville, FL, and Squirrel's Pizza in Savannah, GA. While I don't actually work in restaurants, I cook extensively at home. When I'm not working in the field or leisurely cooking, I enjoy going on adventures with my son, traveling, and surfing.
Why did you choose an Authentic Pizza Oven?
I learned about Authentic Pizza Ovens from my friend, Chris Bianco, after he posted about the ovens online. I wanted something close to a commercial oven that would be fun for my five-year-old son and me to use at home. My son and I have spent many weekends cooking some of our favorite dishes like pizza and rotisserie chicken. I truly enjoy the versatility of the oven and how it anchors my backyard for entertaining.
Chris loves trying different dishes in his pizza oven. Pictured here he's used our rotisserie spit to roast a beautiful chicken. He's used the ceramic dish that comes with the oven to catch the delicious drippings for gravy. Roasted veggies and potatoes will go along nicely with this.
Again, with the ceramic oven to table dish, Chris has a rib roast cooking in the beautiful heat of the oven.
Chris' Favorite Dough Recipe
Yield: Approximately (4) 250 gram dough balls
384 grams water
2 grams SAS Instant Yeast (Red Bag, available on Amazon- or your favorite). Dissolve yeast in water
600 grams King Arthur Bread Flour (or your favorite). Add flour to water & yeast mixture
19 grams sea salt (fine)
1. Mix in Kitchen Aid mixer with dough hook until dough clings to hook (about 8 minutes).
2. Use at least 2 stretches and folds after mixing (approx 30 minutes apart).
3. If mixing by hand, use at least 6 stretches and folds.
4. Let bulk ferment at room temperature until dough doubles in volume (8 hours or more).
5. Divide into 250 gram (8.82 oz) dough balls and proof again at room temperature until dough balls double in volume.
6. Place in refrigerator for another 24 hours.
7. Bring to room temperature about 4 hours before serving the next day (should have expanded by 100% by now).
8. Fire at 650-700 degrees F in pizza oven.
***TIP: Leave the logs on the spot where you’re going to cook the pizza until about 10 minutes before cooking to increase conductive heat.
Follow Chris Dickerson:
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BEING FEATURED AS CUSTOMER OF THE MONTH - please email Amber@authenticpizzaovens.com
- Tags: customer of the month
- Customer Support